Structuring & Organizing
SportsPress Pro introduces 5 taxonomies. Similar to post categories, taxonomies are used for grouping together and isolating various SportsPress data.
Summary of Taxonomies
A taxonomy is like a category. Each taxonomy is used in different areas of the plugin, enabling a complex data structure that gives you more control over what to display.
While each taxonomy has a name, these names are only a generic term that act as a suggestion as to what the taxonomy might be used for. You may find other uses for these taxonomies where the idea is similar. For example, competitions are simply a group of teams and could also be used as counties, leagues, divisions, or team pools. Similarly, seasons are defined as a period of time, meaning that game days, weeks, or months, would also constitute as seasons.
- Competitions – Groups of teams that compete against one another.
- Seasons – Periods of time that competitions are divided into.
- Venues – Locations where events take place.
- Positions – Unique roles assigned to players and used within events.
- Jobs – Unique roles assigned to staff.