Summary of Roles
SportsPress adds new roles to your WordPress installation, designed to give the site owner the ability to control what users can and cannot do within SportsPress. A site owner can manage the user access to publish, edit, delete, and submit for review post types created by SportsPress, by assigning a specific role to each of the users.
SportsPress registers five pre-defined roles: League Manager, Team Manager, Event Manager, Staff, and Player. Each role is allowed to perform a set of tasks called Capabilities. There are many capabilities including "publish_sp_events", "edit_sp_teams", and "assign_sp_player_terms". A default set of capabilities is pre-assigned to each role, but other capabilites can be assigned or removed using the add_cap() and remove_cap() functions. New roles can be introduced or removed using the add_role() and remove_role() functions. The League Manager role allows a user to perform all capabilities introduced by SportsPress. Each of the other roles has a limited set of capabilities. One particular role should not be considered to be senior to another role. Rather, consider that roles define the user’s responsibilities within the site.
Summary of Roles
A Role defines a set of tasks a user assigned the role is allowed to perform. For instance, the League Manager role gives the user full access to SportsPress features within a single WordPress installation. The Team Manager role limits the allowed tasks only to those related to managing a team. On the other hand, the Event Manager role gives full access to publish, edit, and delete events without permission from another user.
- League Manager – Has access to all SportsPress features, including settings.
- Team Manager – Manages teams. Has full access to publish, edit, and delete players, staff, events, player lists, and posts. Can also submit for review or edit assigned teams.
- Event Manager – Manages events. Has full access to publish, edit, and delete events. Can also submit for review or edit assigned players, staff, teams, and posts.
- Staff – A staff member. Can submit for review or edit assigned staff, events, teams, and posts.
- Player – A player. Can submit for review or edit assigned players, events, teams, and posts.
The default role for new users can be set in Settings > General.